Legal Case Management & Analysis
Lexbe Online Support at All Case Stages
Lexbe Online is a 'cloud computing' -based legal document review software.
Below we describe how Lexbe Online can provide support
for all stages of your cases, such as preparing
legal holds, completing an early
case assessment, participating in
doing a document review,
finishing a document
production, preparing for depositions,
arguing summary judgments,
settlement negotiations, conducting the
trial and handling the
You can also get details about
and benefits, and our
If you would like to learn more, we offer a 15-day
free trial or
an online demo.
If you want to start right away, or have any questions, feel free to call (800-401-7809 x22) or email us at
Legal Hold Preparation
Determining the who, what and when of legal holds is becoming
increasingly complex with the growing importance of electronic
documents and discovery.
- Use our Facts and Issues module to prepare timelines and
chronologies of early dispute communications, documents and
activities to determine when legal hold requirements attach.
- Map out data and document custodians with our Case Participants module to identify
all persons potentially subject to
a litigation hold.
Early case assessment involves evaluation of case strengths and
weaknesses early in the litigation process with the goal of better
managing how it will be handled or settled.
Early case assessment is more important than ever with document
intensive cases because of the increased litigation costs that these
cases often involve. Mistakes can be made and favorable
settlement windows may be squandered if your case understanding lags case
- Identify your dispute 'cast of characters' with our Case
- Specify legal issues potentially implicated in the dispute with
our Facts and Issues
module and organize early legal research around case issues
- Timeline alleged facts from client interviews, correspondence
and Identify key factual disagreements.
- Extract key facts and identify key witnesses and associated
documents to prepare for depositions and trial testimony.
- Use our dynamic timelines & chronologies that automatically update
with new facts added.
Early 'meet and confer' discovery conferences under FRCP 26 (and
similar state rules) are playing a larger role with electronic discovery.
Proper planning and organization is key in
successfully handling this too-often neglected stage of litigation.
Lexbe can help!
- Document 'meet and confer requirements and identify key
custodians, personnel and document stores.
- Determine and track the location and amount of ESI and whether it is reasonably accessible or not.
- Map out case issues in advance to better limit potentially
expensive discovery to important custodian and email and document
The real work of document-intensive cases comes with document
review. We can't say we make document review 'fun', but we certainly make it
less painful, more accurate, quicker and cheaper.
- Easily tag documents for responsive, privileged, work-product,
confidential, atty eyes only, etc.
- Quickly tag large numbers of documents to speed review (e.g.,
for privilege) using Lexbe's multi-doc edit functionality.
- Unlimited custom fields available to allow granular tagging of
documents and filtering.
You can complete your productions within Lexbe. You retain
control of how and when you finish review, to better manage tight
- Bates number documents quickly with full flexibility.
- Automatic generation of production privilege log from fielded
data within Lexbe Online (e.g., sender, receiver, date, subject
matter), with links to documents
available, to speed preparation, internal review and accuracy.
- Page level Bates stamping of PDF documents available for even
very large productions.
- Integrated Bates numbering of native productions included (at
- Download on demand production sets for final review and
- Privilege and production logs automatically generated.
Lexbe Online enables you to comprehensively identify
and organize documents needed for individual depositions.
- Search full text on deponent name, email, etc., as well as
deponent-linked case issues, to find all documents to
potentially address in a deposition.
- Tag documents for individual depositions for online review, download, or
- Quickly access new documents as needed for deposition rebuttal.
- Use case chronologies filtered by deponent to cover key facts in
Once deposition transcripts are received from court reporters you can
easily upload them to Lexbe online for review, analysis and timeline
integration. Stop summarizing depos and instead extract and
use the facts established!
- Copy and paste important facts from transcripts into linked issue timelines.
- Sort transcript facts by date, issue, if a fact is material, if
a fact is contested,
- Integrate transcript established facts with facts from other
transcripts or documentary evidence.
- Print a summary of key facts extracted from a deposition by depo
page or by fact date/time.
With fewer cases going to trial, the summary judgment stage is increasingly
important in many cases. Motions and responses must be filed
quickly and Lexbe Online allows you to have important documents and
timelines at your fingertips.
- Access supporting and contradicting evidence quickly and easily.
- Determine which case facts have been established by testimony or
documentary evidence and are material and uncontested, to identify
issues appropriate for your summary judgment motions.
- Effectively oppose dispositive motions by
identifying controverting facts and evidence with timelines and
full-text transcript and document search.
- Be prepared to quickly and effectively argue and oppose motions.
Settlement negotiations can develop anytime, but often come to a head
after dispositive motions are determined. Lexbe Online helps you have
the best information possible to understand the good and bad aspects of your
case and best assess the risks of litigation.
- Identify key documents in your case with full document search,
substantive tagging, comprehensive document filtering.
- Understand early the good and bad facts in your case and well
as which of the parties' respective claims are supported by the evidence, using
Lexbe's facts and issues timelines.
- Share fact and issue timelines at client case conferences to
help clients understand the good, and more importantly
the bad, facts in any case that affect case valuation and risk.
fact and issue timelines and all case documents at your fingertips in a searchable organized
repository can be a key asset at trial.
- Avoid trial mistakes by creating fact checklists of all evidence
that must be admitted to support claims.
- Locate and print even obscure documents quickly.
- Alternatively download documents into our Briefcase for indexed,
- Export key documents to TrialDirector, Verdict Sanction II and other trial
documents, trial transcripts, exhibits, motions and orders can be shared and stored while new trial motions and
appeals are pursued or defended. Documents and case data can
be retained and accessible long term at a reasonable cost if needed.
Request a Free 15-day Trial, Demo or Additional Information
We offer a free 15-day trial to use Lexbe Online. This trial is
fully-functional, subject only to a 100MB upload limitation. If
you decide to convert to a paid account, you can use your
existing work and documents in the trial case.
If you would like a free trial or an online demo, please submit
request form or give us a call (800-401-7809 x22.
All services described on this and related pages are subject to Lexbe's