Lexbe Online Document Management
Powerful Litigation Document Review with Cloud
Lexbe Online™ is our cloud-based application and platform for eDiscovery and litigation and legal document processing, production, review & case management. Lexbe Online enables users to perform native file processing, extract metadata, convert files to PDF for review, perform optical character recognition (OCR) on PDFs and other image files, index case documents for search, organize and tag or code documents, prepare early case analytics, cull and filter electronic stored information (ESI), review document collections, identify responsive and privileged documents, track reviewer progress, prepare productions, Bates name, emboss and stamp documents, prepare privilege logs, prepare and download or securely share productions in native, PDF and image TIFFs, with load files, identify and organize custodians, case participants and key facts and issues, and prepare case timelines and chronologies.
As a 'cloud' based application and platform (also known as 'hosted', 'software-as-a-service, 'SaaS, or 'web-based'), Lexbe Online enables users to manage their own work-flows and time priorities. Lexbe Online is self-administering, so
authorized users can do their own case management, setting up cases, uploading documents and metadata, adding and removing users, and preparing productions. With Lexbe Online, firms can handle cases large or small without the need to maintain internal costly software, servers and trained IT or litigation support staff to support an electronic discovery, litigation database or litigation support application.
Lexbe Online pricing is based on storage used only, and there are no user fees, start-up fees or versioning restrictions. Lexbe Online makes it easy for law firms and organizations to quickly, effectively and cost-efficiently manage the entire eDiscovery lifecycle through analysis, review, production and trial.
Below we describe Lexbe Online, including
how it can assist at different
litigation stages, how we
maintain security, what
reviewers say, and
If you would like to learn more, contact us for a
contact us for a demo or start using Lexbe Online right away risk free for 15 days.
Key Features and Benefits
Document Management. Document intensive cases demand a
full-featured litigation support document review application. To do
otherwise puts a firm at a distinct disadvantage to other (often
larger) firms that can bring more technology resources to bear.
Lexbe Online offers a "powerful litigation document management service"
to handle these cases, according to a
- Maintain the important technology edge in your cases.
- Be productive immediately with our full set of
standard litigation coding/tags to organize your case documents and other electronic stored information (ESI).
- Unlimited custom tags enable sophisticated document organization
- Local folder structure of documents replicated and usable in Lexbe
Folder Management Supported for Uploaded ESI
Sizzling Fast Search. Search is the backbone of a litigation support database.
Search capacity must be fast, accurate and comprehensive in order to identify important documents
for a variety of purposes, including finding the often elusive 'smoking
gun' email. Features of Lexbe Online's search include:
- Indexed search returns results of even large
data sets in seconds.
- Simple 'Google'-like interface makes finding documents easy and
- Advanced features include stemming (search includes
root derivations), concept search (search includes synonyms) and
fuzzy search (search tolerant of misspellings and OCR errors).
- Full Boolean search supported.
Litigation Database Search and Highlighted Hits
- Search hits highlighting in results, on document 'Hits' tab, and on full HTML/text tab.
- Search index automatically updates with new documents added.
- Filter and sort search results by Lexbe's standard or your custom fields
Case Analysis Support. The
legal team that best understands the case facts and evidence has a
tremendous advantage. Lexbe Online enables you to go beyond the documents
to the critically important organization of key facts, case
participants, issues and
research in your cases.
- Identify key case facts in documents and transcripts and include
in issue-based dynamic timelines. Facts linked back to supporting
documents for quick, relevant access.
- Chart case participants (parties, deponents, witnesses, etc.)
and link to case facts.
- Keep and share notes linked to documents, but
viewable and searchable as whole.
Case Participants and Fact Timelines/Chronologies
- Maintain legal research in a shared environment.
Power Through Productions.
Lexbe Online includes a fully-featured production module that
you to quickly and accurately prepare document productions.
- Tag documents with built-in fields such as 'responsive',
'privileged', work-product', 'confidential' , 'atty eyes only',
'key', as well as with unlimited custom fields you create
as needed to issue-code documents.
- Automatically generate downloadable privilege log and production
ESI Coding for Productions
- Bates stamp PDFs (page level) and native documents (file level).
- Create and download production sets yourself.
- Lexbe eDiscovery services available when additional help is needed for large or complex productions.
Full PDF Integration. PDFs
are now the preferred, if not required, document format used by
courts for filings. PDFs are also a popular format for litigation
productions, as PDFs can be viewed by anyone without the need to
install specialty software.
Lexbe Online offers extensive support of and integration with PDF documents
and Adobe Acrobat, reducing the learning curve and making it easy
for your litigation team to be productive quickly without
the need for extensive special training.
- PDF documents viewable in an integrated Adobe Acrobat reader, including
document navigation, rotation, sizing, search, etc.
- Lexbe Online OCR engine automatically makes image PDFs text
- ''Page-at-a-time' optional viewing tab means that even very large PDF files
display quickly online.
- Our production module Bates stamps PDF documents at the page level for PDFs.
TIFF/Load File Support.
Many productions are delivered in single-page TIFF/text load file formats. Popular formats in include DAT (Concordance, Concordance FYI, Kcura Relativity) and DII (CT Summation, AD Summation and iBlaze). Lexbe Online supports loading of TIFF/text and load files and integrated viewing and analysis:
- Single page TIFF and text file/load files supported, including metadata fields (date, sender, last saved date, etc.) as included in the load file.
- Included extracted or OCRed text index for search and review.
- Document breaks recognized so that you can view and code documents at a time.
- Filtering and sorting available by loadfile imported and your own custom fields.
Native Review Available.
Viewing electronic documents/ESI like Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook MSG email in native format
without conversion is becoming more popular to reduce processing or
conversion costs in some cases, and when page-level Bates stamping
is not required. Lexbe Online includes extensive
native review functionality:
- Over one hundred common file types supported in our native HTML/text file
- Viewing Outlook MSG email and email attachments supported.
- Extracted native text used for search results--includes text contents of
Outlook email attachments.
- Bates naming of native files (file level) supported in native file
productions and mixed native-PDF file productions.
- Rich formatted native file viewing available for Windows and Mac with add-on view utility viewers.
- Excel spreadsheets viewable in Native with formatting retained.
Excel Spreadsheet Native View
- All files can be downloaded from a link for local viewing.
Simple Sharing and Collaboration.
Litigation success requires a well-functioning litigation team, and
increasingly the team may be in different locations. Sending
documents by email can be confusing and
unsecure. Accessing legal documents through remote connections to
LANs and terminal servers can be slow, tedious and
Lexbe Online instead allows fast, easy and fully-featured legal document
management from anywhere at anytime.
- Allow litigation team members to work from home, on the road, at
off-hours, etc., to increase productivity and fit differing
schedules and needs.
- Enable persons in multiple offices, or in-house counsel or
clients, to access and work on case documents.
- Ramp up case staff as needed with remote or contract attorneys,
paralegals and support personnel.
Easy to Use.
We designed Lexbe Online to be used by legal professionals with no
technical background. Lexbe Online is "one of the easiest software
applications to learn that I have ever used" according to one
reviewer. This contrasts with some litigation database systems
that are extremely complicated, have a steep learning curve and
require ongoing support by internal or external experts in the
particular software. Of course, our support team is always available to help as needed.
Fast Setup. We can have a new
account set up and ready for you in just hours, not the days, weeks
or months it might take with other systems or applications.
Designed for 'Do it Yourselfers'.
With Lexbe Online you can administer and manage your cases
yourself. No waiting for someone else to return an email or call.
- Instantly add new users and start new cases.
- Securely upload PDFs and native documents yourself--no need to go through
a litigation support vendor.
- Upload easily by 'Drag and Drop' or by Zip file (expanded on server).
- Load files supported but not required.
- If you have a lot of documents, we also have low priced uploading
services available as well.
- Download your documents from Lexbe Online anytime you want with
our Briefcase functionality (very large downloads may require Lexbe
assistance). Save your metadata, case facts, tagging and notes
as well with our export to Excel functionality).
- Secure download link avaialable for sharing documents with experts, judges, clients and for productions to opposing counsel. No need to download, burn to disk or CD/DVD, etc.
Support and Training.
Your Lexbe Online account includes free support at no additional
charge. Premium support, training and project management
services available as well. You know
what your total cost will be in advance.
- Lexbe Online is easy-to-use and learn.
- Multiple support options available: ticket system, email and phone.
- Support is U.S.-based.
- Training and project management services available through Lexbe
Cloud Convenience. We offer
Lexbe Online exclusively as a web-based application. This is
also known as software-as-a-service (SaaS), on-demand software,
application server provider (ASP), hosted services and 'cloud
computing'. Whatever the name, this modern service approach allows
us to keep our costs low and pass the benefit on to you in the form
of sophisticated functionality and lower fees. Cloud computing/SaaS as applied to litigation
support provides you with other benefits as well:
- New features added every quarter, rather than every three years,
as is often the case with traditional software vendors.
- No need for you to buy hardware or license software, or hire
dedicated IT support personnel, or sign open-ended training and
support contracts, to get the functionality you need.
- Align your costs with your revenue; don't burden your
overhead with unused
equipment costs and partially occupied specialty support personnel.
- Scale your costs and capacity up and down as needed.
Cross-Platform Support. Lexbe is completely browser based (all modern web browsers), but more importantly supports PCs and Mac users. For Mac users, this means that Lexbe Online can be used natively with Mac Safari, Firefox or Chrome browsers without the need to use a dual-boot or cross-over mode.
- Cross-platform support for PC and Mac users.
- Completely web based--No need to install anything but a web browser.
- Integrated PC and Apple Mac legal document review environment.
Committed Customer Service.
Software can be no better than the quality of support.
We believe in the 'service' part of 'software as a service'.
Our customers regularly remark about our high service levels and
Lexbe Online Usage At All Case Stages
Lexbe Online can specifically assist you in
all stages of your cases. You keep your data in one location and review environment. No need to copy data between computer programs or separate 'cloud instances' of eDiscovery clouds and Trial clouds. You avoid inconvenience and increased costs.
- Legal Hold Preparation. Determine the who, what and when
of legal holds when electronic document collections are involved,
with our Case Participant tracking functionality.
- Early Case Assessment. Identify case strengths
and weaknesses early in the litigation process, with our issue-based
- Discovery Conferences. Organize early to
effectively handle your increasingly important FRCP 26 'meet and
- Discovery Review. Get through reviews quickly
- Document Production.
Complete your productions and Bates stamping within Lexbe Online on
your time schedule.
- Deposition Preparation. Comprehensively and efficiently identify and
organize documents needed for individual depositions.
- Transcript Analysis. Extract key facts from
depositions and transcripts and organize in issue-based timelines.
- Motion Practice. Identify which issues
are appropriate for your summary judgment motions and the key
controverting facts to effectively challenge those of your
- Settlement Negotiations.
Have the best information possible to accurately value your case.
- Trial Support.
Maintain an organized searchable document repository to identify important
evidence quickly as needed.
- Appeal Support. Retain case documents,
transcripts and fact analyses for effective review during appeal.
more about using Lexbe Online at various case stages.
Security & Encryption
Security is of upmost importance to us. Data is maintained at our state-of-the-art, access controlled data centers and monitored 24-7.
All user access is through encrypted SSL connections.
Back-ups are encrypted and mirrored nightly to physically
discrete data center, providing additional redundancy.
Learn more about Lexbe's
What Reviewers Say
"A powerful litigation document management service."
"Lexbe's organization and structure, combined with its familiar browser interface, makes it one of the easiest software applications to learn that I have ever used." Legal Assistant Today
"Lexbe delivers a secure, easy-to-use online database for
documents and relevant matter information." Law.com
reviews and client testimonials.
Pricing starts at only $99 per month, and we charge
solely on the basis of users and storage used, so you pay only for what you need
when you need it. There are no additional hidden charges.
Monthly pricing may allow pass-through of litigation
document hosting costs to
clients or as recoverable litigation costs, rather than internalization of a capital cost
to purchase hardware and software, as well as the
personnel costs to train and support a specialized
software system. We
do not require extended contracts and you can cancel
anytime. This flexibility allows you to ramp usage
and costs up and down as your litigation requires. Learn more about Lexbe
Request a personalized Demo or Additional Information
offer online demonstrations to qualified accounts. Or you can sign up right away and use Lexbe Online risk free for 15-days (100 MB upload cap applies).
If you would like a demo, have questions or want to sign up now, please submit
request form or give us a call (800-401-7809 x22.
All services described on this and related pages are subject to Lexbe's