Best Practices to Avoid Missing Key Evidence in Large Document Reviews
Nothing can be more disastrous than showing up at a depo to find that your team missed a key piece of evidence in document review, but your opposition found it. Missing that “smoking gun” admission, or allowing critical privileged information to slip through into a production can be avoided, but only if your search tools are fully functioning. Many attorneys assume that all eDiscovery processing approaches, search tools and techniques are basically the same, but nothing could be further from the truth. In this webinar learn crucial search functions and critical indexing differentiators that will protect you from inadvertently missing important evidence during eDiscovery.
- Overview of Modern Search and eDiscovery Indexing Technologies
- Basic and Advanced Search Options in Use Today
- Search Indexing ‘Gotchas’
- Pitfalls of Relying Solely on Image-Based OCR Indexing
- Why Native Extraction Alone is Ineffective
- Complexities of Working with Foreign Language & Translated Text
- Optimal Search with a Concatenated Indexing Approach
Erin Derby is a Certified eDiscovery Specialist (ACEDS)andeDiscovery Manager at Lexbe. She specializes in working with clients handling eDiscovery in complex litigation and provides a high level of precision and expertise. She provides guidance for technical discovery issues and procedures and ensures compliance with all court-ordered ESI guidelines. Prior to joining Lexbe, Ms. Derby was a Litigation Paralegal for 10 years for both plaintiff and defense law firms.