Native Processing+ (to TIFF)
Convert Microsoft Office, Outlook, and other Native Files to TIFF for Load into Review Software
Lexbe’s Native Processing+ (TIFF) service allows you to convert Microsoft Office, Outlook, and hundreds of other native file types into searchable TIFF format to conduct litigation document reviews in most document management tools and litigation database applications.
“Native” means file in its original format as used by the document’s Custodian (creator or user). Examples of native files include: Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, xlsx), Powerpoint (.ppt, pptx), Outlook (pst, ost, msg), Adobe Acrobat (pdf), etc. In many cases, native file formats are not fully searchable, cannot be Bates stamped, redacted, or annotated, and are not easily usable or reviewable without eDiscovery processing and conversion. By converting native files into TIFF with associated text data for searchability, you can search, review and Bates-stamp your case files easily on your computer, office network, or in most review or litigation or legal review database or support environments.
Lexbe’s Native Processing+ (TIFF) service rapidly delivers your electronic stored information (ESI) in expanded Native and TIFF formats, ready for review or production, at an industry leading price and throughput rate.
Features of Native Processing+ (TIFF)
- Virus scanning: We scan and remove virus infected files or malware.
- Container Expansion: Outlook Email PSTs, ZIP, RAR and other container files are decompressed and expanded. Outlook email MSGs are extracted and associated with Email bodies.
- Hash Code Generation: Files are ‘digitally fingerprinted’ with MD5 Hash Codes to maintain chain of custody, data defensibility and support file deduplication.
- deNIST: DeNIST and system file identification removes unnecessary files.
- Foreign Language/Unicode Support: Conversion to TIFF supports non-English languages and character sets.
- Metadata Extraction: Metadata fields from email and other files are extracted, including Email sender, receivers, date and time sent and received, subject, date created/last modified, etc.
- Deduplication: Deduplication is available to remove unnecessary or duplicative files to speed review.
- PDF Creation: We create searchable text-based PDFs from all supported files (over a hundred common file types).
- Placeholder Creation: We create placeholders for files that cannot be converted because of file corruption, password-protection, non-supported file type, etc.
- OCR: We run optical character recognition on image-based files to improve searchability.
- Bates Stamping: Bates file naming and endorsing is supported at the page level.
- Confidentiality and Special Designations: Page-level Confidentiality and other special designations (e.g., ‘Attorneys Eyes Only’, ‘Subject to Protective Order’) are supported as well.
- Natives Included: We include extracted and processed native versions of files to assist in review and production.
- Load File Generation: We include loadfiles into most litigation database platforms, including Excel .XLSX (Lexbe load file format), .DAT/.OPT (Concordance, Relativity, Ringtail) and .DII (Summation) loadfile formats.
Benefits of Native Processing+ (TIFF)
- High Speed: Convert any sized document collection FAST. Our proprietary scalable infrastructure allows us to process even the largest ESI collections in days.
- Low Price: In addition to being highly scalable, our processing architecture’s efficient design allows us to pass cost savings on to our customers in the form of low per GB rates that decline at volume.
- Simple & Fast Transmission: Transmit your ESI files to us by secure internet upload, via secure FTP or send them to us direct via courier on flash or USB drives for processing. When your job has been completed, we will return them to you by your preferred method.
Security is critically important to us. We specialize in eDiscovery processing, litigation support and online litigation database and document hosting. We are located in Austin, TX and all of our operations are conducted in the United States. We keep data on limited access servers in locked-down data centers. Files and information are stored and transmitted with 256 bit encryption. Find more information about our data security standards and security certifications here.
Related Services and Software
You may also be interested in these related eDiscovery services and software:
- ESI Culling+: Reduce ESI stores to manageable sizes. Apply DeNIST, deduplication, date culling and keyword culling to defensibly reduce data collections and speed review.
- Privilege Secure+: Prevent the inadvertent disclosure of privileged documents.
- Native Processing+ (to PDF): Convert native documents, including Outlook Email and Microsoft Office files, into PDF format for searchability, bates stamping, and preparation for online review.
- Native Extraction+: Flatten and extract native file attachments and metadata to create loadfile in preparation for native or near native review.
- eDiscovery OCR+: Increase searchability of PDFs, TIFFs, or document-formatted JPGs or PNGs, in connection with litigation document review and searching, using our optical character recognition technology.
- ESI Preservation+: Early case nearline storage of pre-processed data collections.
- Lexbe eDiscovery Platform: Our cloud-based eDiscovery platform is purpose-built for DIY eDiscovery, allowing you to drag and drop files onto the platform for lightning fast processing, review and production.