Nothing can be more disastrous than showing up at a depo and finding that your team missed a key piece of evidence in document review, but your opposition found it. Not finding that “smoking gun” admission, or allowing critical privileged information to slip through into a production can be avoided, but only if your search tools are fully functioning. Many attorneys assume that all eDiscovery processing approaches and search tools and techniques are basically the same, but nothing could be further from the truth. In this webinar learn crucial search functions and critical indexing differentiators that will protect you from inadvertently missing important evidence during eDiscovery.
- Overview Modern Search and eDiscovery Indexing Technologies
- Basic and Advanced Search Options in Use Today
- Search Indexing ‘Gotchas’
- Pitfalls of Relying Solely on Image-Based OCR Indexing
- Why Native Extraction Alone is Ineffective
- Complexities of Working with Foreign Language and Translated Text
- Optimal Seach with a Concatenated Indexing Approach
About the Speaker
Erin Derby is a Certified eDiscovery Specialist (ACEDS) and member of the Technical Services team with Lexbe LC. She specializes in working with clients handling eDiscovery in complex litigation and provides a high level of precision and expertise.
She provides guidance for technical discovery issues and procedures and ensures compliance with all court-ordered ESI guidelines. Prior to joining Lexbe, Ms. Derby was a Litigation Paralegal for 10 years for both plaintiff and defense law firms.